The One Thing You Should Never Give Your Kids at Night

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means, we may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase something from a link we post (including links to because we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything. This small percentage just helps us keep the power on and the Diet Coke stocked. We appreciate your support!

As a mom of four, there are plenty of things I’ve given my kids at nighttime: kisses, bedtime stories, milk, water, toast with Nutella on it after they’ve brushed their teeth, Tylenol, an airhorn to scare monsters away. I was also previously guilty of giving my kids one tiny, little item that could potentially kill them and it wasn’t until I heard a friend’s recent harrowing story that I vowed never to do it again.

A friend of mine recently posted the following story that has served as an anvil over my head ever since.

They had all been suffering from colds in their house and we all know how miserable that can be—aching throats, stuffed noses, and coughing that lasts all night long. In the middle of the night, my friend woke up to find her husband legitimately choking on a zinc lozenge. He couldn’t talk, couldn’t breathe, and she pounded repeatedly on his back as he gasped for air. She tried to do the Heimlich maneuver on him but just wasn’t strong enough. Luckily, her husband bent over after those failed Heimlich attempts and the lozenge shot…

Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *